Filling the Void  

I’ve noticed a void in the sports blogging world, and regardless of whether or not I'm qualified, I’m here to do my best to fill it.

As far as I can tell, the Demon Deacons have no representation in the blogsphere. The closest thing is a blog affiliated with Wake Forest in the college football BlogPoll, but that blog is really just a general college football blog and pays Wake no special attention. I recognize that Wake is a smaller school with a smaller following and all of those things, but even if there are just a few readers interested, it just may be worthwhile.

So what qualifies me to write about Wake, or even just write in general? Really very little; I have no journalism background, nor any real interest in being a professional writer of any kind. Nonetheless I feel like I am a decent writer, and in the informal nature of a blog I should be just fine.

More importantly, though, I’m a huge fan of the Demon Deacons. As a current student I get to attend almost every major home sporting event, and do my best to watch those on the road as well. I’m not going to claim to be the biggest Deacon fan in the history of the world, seeing as how my family background has very little to do with Wake and I didn’t really become a fan until the last few years. Nonetheless, the fact that I now attend the school makes it my far and away favorite (but if I make an occasional comment about the Sooners, you’ll have to cut me some slack).

I’m the type of sports fan who always wants to know what’s going on with my favorite teams. I read the message boards, blogs, and newspaper articles on a daily basis, always wanting to know the most recent scoop. When I realized that Wake lacked a good sports blog, I decided to try my hand at filling that void. I hope you enjoy!

0 comments

Post a Comment