About the Old Gold & Blog (Updated Jan 1, 2008)  

Welcome to the Old Gold & Blog - the Wake Forest Demon Deacon Blog

My name is Zach Smith and I am student at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. Being a first-generation Deacon from Texas I didn't grow up a Wake Forest fan, but I've definitely learned in a hurry over the last few years. At this point I'd consider myself as big a fan as any.

Where did the Old Gold & Blog Come From?

On September 27, 2007 the Old Gold & Blog opened for business with this post. The blog grew steadily over the next several months, attracting over 3,500 visitors in December, only the blog's third full month of existence.

On January 1, 2008 the Old Gold & Blog moved to it's current domain - OldGoldandBlog.com - and underwent a significant redesign. The hope is that the blog will continue to grow both in content and in readers. You are the key to fulfilling the second part of that goal. Thanks for visiting, and if you know other Wake Forest fans who might be interested in the Old Gold & Blog please let them know about it.

Why Old Gold & Blog?

The official colors of Wake Forest University are Old Gold and Black. The official student newspaper bears these colors as its name, and you can see here. The name of the blog is of course a play on words using the colors, however the blog is not officially related to the newspaper or the school - it is entirely independent.

I began writing the blog because I felt like there was a need for a site like this. I had been reading blogs about some of my favorite professional sports teams for several years and also occasionally blogs about other colleges. I realized that there was nothing similar for Wake Forest and decided to do something about it. This is the result.

How do I Stay Informed?

By far the easiest way to keep track of the blog is to use an RSS reader to make sure you get updated every time the blog gets updated. It's easy enough to do, just follow the RSS link at the top of the left sidebar. A full explanation of RSS can be found here. Otherwise, just make sure to check back at OldGoldandBlog.com frequently.

Thanks for visiting!

(This page last update January 1, 2008)