Back on the Winning Track  

This weekend turned out to a pretty successful one for the Wake Forest athletic program. First off, I'm sure most of you are overjoyed by our 33-30 OT win over Duke this weekend. I was unable to see the game, but it seems as if Alphonso Smith had a huge game, and it's good to see him making an impact once again.

I'd also like to congratulate the mens soccer team. On Saturday night they defeated the Tar Heels of UNC, to clinch the ACC regular season title, and improve their record to 16-0-1. Congratulations to them.

Hopefully the win over Duke this weekend provided this team some momentum as they need it. This weekend the Deacs host a very very tough Virginia team. Gametime for that one is 3:30 PM on ESPNU.

Sorry I didn't get to see the game this weekend and give you guys some good in-depth analysis. I'm very happy that we won though, as this Duke team is no joke. Cutcliffe is making tremendous strides over there in his first year, and I don't think it should go unnoticed..

Tomorrow starts the work week, so I'll be back tomorrow night with some more news and notes. Also feel free to email me anytime at oldgoldblog@gmail.com, as I'm always open to your thoughts and suggestions. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and Go Deacs!

6 comments

Post a Comment