Diamond Deacs vs. Coastal Carolina  

Although I'm not able to stay out here all afternoon (stupid late afternoon class) I decided to come out and enjoy a few innings of baseball today. Seeing as how it's sunny and 60 degrees I think I've made a pretty good decision.

Yesterday the Deacs dropped a game to #20 UNC-Wilmington 5-1, but today they're down to Coastal Carolina 5-3 through 3 1/2 innings. Ben Hunter had a bit of a rough start giving up three in the first but was cruising along nicely before giving up 2 in the fourth. Wake has three hits, including an RBI single from Allan Dykstra and a 2 out 2 RBI hit from Weldon Woodall.

I haven't been able to give the Diamond Deacs the kind of attention I'd like to because I play on Wake's club baseball team and we play most weekends as well. To give some credit where credit is due, the 17th ranked club Deacs took two out of three from defending club national champions UNC this past weekend.

I'll post a final score from today's game against Coastal as well as an update from today's football practice sometime tonight.

Update: Apparently things didn't go so well in the second half of the game, and the Deacs fell to Coastal Carolina 9-4.

0 comments

Post a Comment