Tuesday Spring Practice - Quick Notes  

I'm on a bit of a tight schedule tonight and don't have time to do a full writeup right now, but I'll share a few quick notes from the brief time I spent out at practice today and a couple of Grobe quotes. Hopefully late tonight I can transcribe more of what Grobe said at practice today and get that up, too.

- WR Casey Hill, who looked like he seriously injured his right knee in Saturday's scrimmage, is in a walking boot with only a high ankle sprain and will be healthy in 2-3 weeks. Great news for him.

- It was a beautiful afternoon out there and from what I can tell the sunny but cool temperatures are exactly what the guys like to practice in. In the drills I saw everybody seemed to be working hard. I saw Dennis Godfry working hard and getting high praise in some drills (sentiments echoed by Coach Grobe) and I was also impressed by the WR corps who were making some good moves on the corners in route running drills.

I was involved in a conversation on the Scout.com message boards over the weekend regarding the current state of our depth at running back. I figured I might as well get the right information straight from the horses mouth, so I asked coach about it:

"Right now C.J. is our third tailback. He’s doing some good things but he’s not a very big guy and I think he’s got a sore shoulder right now and so for him he’s got plenty of ability but durability is going to be the key. Any time you have a player with that kind of speed you feel like you’ve got to get him on the field somehow. We’re excited about his potential but the key for him is – at his size can he be a durable guy?"

Would Grobe consider moving someone like Y'lou back to running back?

"Yea, no doubt about it if we needed to do that. We did it with Kenny Moore a couple of years ago and if there’s any one reason we won an ACC championship it was because we had Kenny at tailback so we wouldn’t be opposed to that. But we’ve got Lovell Jackson coming in in next year’s class. We’ve got some other players that we’ve kind of penciled in as DBs and wideouts but they played running back in high school What we’d really like though is to have a healthy Josh Adams and a healthy Brandon Pendergrass."

Good to hear. Check back late tonight or tomorrow morning for more of Grobe's quotes form practice.

0 comments

Post a Comment