Monday Musings  

As most of you probably know, the lack of writing here over the weekend was caused by my being in Oklahoma for a wedding. I was definitely disappointed to miss Saturday's scrimmage at BB&T, particularly the emergence of Ben Wooster. He's looked strong in practice these last two weeks, but to hear that he continued to perform well in a game-like situation was great news.

As much as I would like it to have been otherwise, I was not surprised to hear that the running game struggled. It remains to be seen whether or not the talent is there (although I certainly think it might be) but this offensive line lacks any kind of experience. It also doesn't help them to be facing what might be one of the strongest defensive lines in the nation. There's still a lot of time between now and August 30 and those guys will get plenty of reps, but until they get a couple of games worth of work under their belts I know it will be a struggle.

I'll be back out at practices this week (starting tomorrow and running through Thursday), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make next Saturday's scrimmage either.

On a different but still football related note, I got an email from a reader this weekend asking if I had heard anything recently about Luke Caparelli. The answer to that question was that I have not heard anything at all since the whole situation died down. Now that it's back on my mind I may see if I can find out what he's up to and what his plans are for the future.

0 comments

Post a Comment