About Last Night: Duke Falls Again  

As much as it pained me to do it, I was definitely rooting for a Duke comeback against Miami last night (and they nearly made it happen).

Although it probably doesn't make that much of a difference, I would have loved to see Duke win out and have had their only ACC loss come against Wake. The only good thing is that Miami's upset doesn't seem to be nearly as a big a deal now that Duke wasn't undefeated in ACC play. At least Wake still has that in its favor.

Still, Wake's RPI dropped a handful of spots with Duke losing again, and Miami manages to keep climbing ahead. Beating Carolina would of course work wonders this weekend (probably an even bigger jump than the 20 spots we got for beating Duke since it will be on the road) but I don't think Wake should be counting on that as it's ticket to the Tournament. It's becoming more and more crucial for Wake to win out at home and I think a second (and I hopefully even a third) road win would really put things over the top. Getting to 20 wins would be huge.

I'll take a closer look at Carolina tomorrow (and hopefully we'll start getting more information about whether or not Lawson will play). At the very least it should be a fun game. I really can't see the Deacs being blown out. It will be a single digit victory for someone.

0 comments

Post a Comment