My Girlfriend: The Most Amazing Woman in the World  


Since it's Valentines Day I decided it would be appropriate to depart slightly from the usual order of things and talk about something a little bit different.

Let me tell you a story. I, like many guys, tend to procrastinate on things that I really ought to get done. Take, for example, making reservations for dinner on Valentines Day. I thought it was a good idea to wait until Tuesday of this week to do that. What happens when you wait so long is that the only reservations available, if any at all, are at 9:00 pm.

Since I had been such an idiot I decided I had to bite the bullet and take the 9:00 reservation. It was my fault for waiting so long and the fact that there was a basketball game at 9:00 was just too bad. Missing it was going to be my punishment for being an idiot.

This is the point where my girlfriend proved she is the most amazing girl in the world. When I informed her of our reservation she said, "You know what? I don't want to do that. I have a better idea. We're going to go get something quick and easy, go get some ice cream, and then come back and watch the Wake basketball game."

Seriously. Those were her exact words. She picked watching Wake Forest basketball with me over going to a nice dinner and missing the game. I couldn't wish for anything more.

Needless to say, I won't be blogging live tonight. I definitely need to pay more attention to my girlfriend than to my computer. Chances are it won't be the fastest I ever get up my post-game report either, but I hope you'll forgive me given the circumstances. Let's beat Florida State.

I love you sweetheart, happy Valentines Day!

2 comments

Post a Comment