First Loss in The Joel  

We had all grown accustomed to seeing wins in the Joel, with Wake winning 16 in a row before last night. For the freshman this was the first time they lost a home game as Demon Deacons. After the game I had the chance to ask James Johnson and and Jeff Teague about the disappointment that comes with losing their first home game.

"It's tough. I'm not used to losing here. Getting beat on the road and then coming home and losing. I don't even have the words to say much," Said Teague.

"My first loss in the Joel is horrible, I don't like this feeling," Said Johnson. "It's been a long time, we've played a lot of games here in the Joel and losing this one was big for us. It hurts."

I hope losing this game serves as a wake-up call for these guys. I think they had come to rely on being able to get the wins at home and may have been a little too confident going in to last night game. Now that they know they aren't invincible at home I hope they show some more fire and urgency on their home floor.

It's got to start Saturday afternoon.

0 comments

Post a Comment