Back In Action - With a Plan  

I'm back home in Houston having completed our mission trip to Tecate. It was a successful trip and we did a lot of good work in a local neighborhood. We added a room to a house for a young mother and her children, as well as rebuilding two playgrounds and a soccer/basketball court for local kids. The middle schoolers we brought with us had a great time, worked hard, learned a lot, and we got home without any injuries or other problems. Thanks to all of you who were praying for us while we were gone.

I've done my best to catch up today on everything that's been going on Wake-athletics wise and I'm pretty sure there hasn't been much. What I would like to do over the next couple of weeks is preview the football season ahead of us. I've been saying I wanted to do this for awhile but haven't really made it happen, so I'm going to lay out a bit of a schedule so that we can get this done.

What I don't want is for this to be just me spouting off some thoughts and that being that. I'd love for it to become somewhat of a conversation with input from all of you in the comments section and a discussion of some kind.

The way I'd like to do this is to start by taking three days to talk offense/defense/special teams, then 12 days going through the schedule and talking about each game. I'll offer my thoughts and then solicit yours. I'm not going to promise that this will happen in 15 consecutive days due to the variability of my schedule right now, but we'll try to get through it in a reasonable period of time. If we want to spend some time talking about the rest of the ACC at some point then we can do that too. We can play it by ear.

Hopefully you all like this idea and will participate, because this will be much more interesting and insightful if there is lots of participation. If you have any ideas or recommendations to improve the plan, let me know.

I expect to be back tomorrow with our first installment looking at the offense. See you then.

1 comments

  • Anonymous  
    6/17/08, 8:41 PM

    Welcome back. Glad to hear things went well on your mission trip. Good work.

    I'm looking forward to reading what you think about Wake football.

Post a Comment