Leading Off  

It’s been 10 days since I’ve posted anything, and I suppose I apologize for that, but I kind of needed the break. I guess I’m not really that sorry. I didn’t miss that much.

The summer will definitely be somewhat inconsistent around here. There will be a couple of stretches of about a week or 10 days where I’ll have pretty much no internet access so obviously there won’t be anything posted then. I’ll let you know when those are coming.

But still, even when I am around, I don’t anticipate there being a whole lot to report on (in fact I kind of hope there isn’t, because if there is I feel like it’s likely to be something bad).

I’ll definitely start doing some previewing of football season, but I don’t know how I want to do that yet or when exactly it will happen.

Also, I was thinking it might be fun to do some “reader editorials.” Basically, if you have an idea for something Wake-related you might want to write and have published on the blog, shoot me an email (oldgoldblog@gmail.com) and we’ll work on getting it done. Then you can tell all your friends to go read the article you had published on the internet (Just don’t tell them it’s on a site some guy started in his dorm room without any prior experience or knowledge and that you would have been just as qualified to start the exact same site—it might not seem as cool to them if you tell them that part).

Having said all that, I’m guessing there’s only about a 10% chance someone actually contacts me about it. I hope you prove me wrong.

I’ve got a couple of other things tentatively up my sleeve, so we’ll see what happens. No matter what happens this summer, though, come mid-August we’ll get back into the swing of things and you can count on reading new content on a daily basis.

On to a couple of specific notes: I highly recommend going to the official soccer page and reading about the soccer team's trip to Brazil. Sounds like a pretty cool deal.

Also, I believe that Wake's 3 game sweep of Duke over the weekend to close out Hooks Stadium means that they will make the ACC tournament, leaving them in position to potentially still make the NCAA tournament (I think it's a bit of a long shot, but it's certainly not impossible).

Someone posted this on the DeaconSports message boards and I thought it might be worth sharing just to get excited about the other sport that’s pretty fun to keep track of in the fall:


1 comments

Post a Comment