A new addition to the team: Allan Ducker  

As you all know, things are already off and running for me at Deacons Illustrated, but the future of Old Gold & Blog has been up in the air. After announcing my new job, I received an email from a long time reader who offered to help out by continuing to provide new content for the blog. It sounded like a great idea to me, so I'll let our new writer introduce himself. His first post will appear tomorrow. I hope you'll all welcome him into the Old Gold & Blog family!

Hello Deacon Nation! I'd like to introduce myself, but first off I'd like to thank Zach Smith for giving me the opportunity to continue Old Gold & Blog. He has taken on an opportunity with DeaconsIllustrated.com, and I wish him the best of luck with that.

To start off, my name is Allan Ducker, and I'm currently a High School Junior at Easley High School in Upstate South Carolina approximately 10 minutes from Clemson. Sadly I am encompassed by Tiger fans around here, but I manage to make it through the days.

I'm a huge sports fan and I've always been a huge Demon Deacon fan. My interest started young as I loved the basketball team during the late Tim Duncan era. I was only about six years old then, but I remember how dominant he was. Then when Chris Paul arrived my interest really soared, and my love for all Demon Deacon Athletics increased, and now I'm known as the Wake Forest fan throughout the school.

I also play football for my school, so during the football season I am quite busy, but after the season I pretty much dedicate my time to school and sports. Sports is my passion and I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports journalism field, and I believe that with Zach's help, I am on the right track to getting there.

Hopefully you all will welcome me onto your desktop, and I look forward to sharing many great memories with you all!
I love Allan's enthusiasm for Wake Forest and for writing, and I look forward to seeing what he writes for Old Gold & Blog. As I said before, I'll still be around to provide occasional tidbits, blogpoll ballots and other fun stuff.

2 comments

  • Anonymous  
    10/30/08, 8:46 PM

    Good luck Allan. I am a WF alum & live in the Upstate as well (Mauldin). I believe I've met you & your family (my father-in-law is Dr Riddle)

    Looking forward to your contributions to this blog

  • Anonymous  
    10/30/08, 10:31 PM

    Wow gump you have. I've very good friends with Dr. Riddle.

Post a Comment