Meineke Update...Sort of  

I don't know if any of you have been frustrated, by I have been frustrating myself with the lack of Meineke updates I've been able to do during this down time. I've been pretty suprised by how little new information has been out there, and frustrated that I can't be in Winston to find it myself (not that I'm complaining about some time at home though).

If I were in town I would probably go watch practices this week and hopefully get to talk to some people about what's been going on with the team, but as things stand I can basically only rely on Dan Collins to do that so here's his article from yesterday.

We are only a week away, though. so it's clearly time for me to have something to say.

It's been great to see people on the message boards starting to really get excited about the game (I think getting actual tickets has a lot to do with that). Unfortunately sitting here at home and knowing I won't be making it back up for the game has put a slight damper on my own excitement but hopefully I can live vicariously through all of you who will be there.

As most of you have probably heard, Wake's ticket office has sold over 20,000 tickets (an initial allotment plus a second) and are also getting credit for about 10,000 more ticket sales that were directly from the MCCB office and apparently a couple thousand from UCONN. I don't know exactly how those numbers were determined (some have said by area code the purchase was made from) or if they will officially count in future years when other bowls look at our turnout but either way those are great numbers. Great job Deac fans!

2 bowls in I'm one for two on my picks, but the one I lost I had put much higher confidence on. There's still a long way to go and of course I'm looking forward to getting the full 32 points when Wake Forest takes care of UConn one week from today.

Turning now to the week ahead, the following things are on the Old Gold & Blog's calendar:

Sunday or Monday: Compilation of all "expert" picks of the MCCB I can find, with my own comments on each

Tuesday: Christmas - you'll get nothing and like it (how could you not, it's Christmas!)

Wednesday 0r Thursday: Back for its final installment, 5 Good Questions will talk it up with Chip Malafronte, UConn beat writer for the New Haven Register and author of the excellent Runway Ramblings blog about UConn football. As always look forward to that.

Hopefully on the in between days something worthwhile will crop up and I'll try to have something up every day this week except Christmas day. Enjoy the weekend!

0 comments

Post a Comment