Wake Forest vs. Virgnia Tech: Game Time  

Time for a great game of soccer. I'll be around for the first half, but I'll be leaving it to all of you in the 2nd half. Feel free to talk about the game in the comments section. Time to take the final step to the championship game.

Go Deacs!

40:00 - Fast start - both teams attacking. Nyarko is clearly very good for VT, but that opportunity Tracy had was great as well. Could be several goals in this game, hopefully all for us though.

35:00 - Seems to have settle down a tiny bit, but Wake is controlling most of the posession. ESPN's camera work could use some improvement.

32:50 - We just got VERY VERY LUCKY. Misplayed a ball, Edwards couldn't defend and the net was wide open. Nyarko stumbled and couldn't get a shot off and the shot off his pass went high. Definitely should have been a VT Goal.

31:15 - Wake opportunity off of a corner, cleared by VT though.

25:00 - Another scary VT chance off of a free kick. Defense is scaring me a bit. We haven't had a good attack for a little while now.

24:00 - Marcus Tracy with a great blast from just outside the 18 saved. Great offensive series there. Be sure to answer the poll over in the right column, I appreciate it!

22:00 - They just took a TV timeout. Seriously? Do they know what sport this is? Unbelievable. Show me the game...I want to see this half before I have to go take my exam!

17:00 - We're getting some good runs of the sides, but not getting much in front of the net. Defense seems to be settling in and I'm starting to feel a bit better about the way we look. I'm tired of the ESPN announcers talking almost exclusively about VT. Quick mention about Vidovich but they don't seem to realize that we're the 2 seed. Annoying.

11:30 - Hollywood da Luz in the game. Always good to see. VT's big English guy just got himself a yellow on a bad tackle from behind. Well deserved card.

6:00 - And that's all I've got time for. Just no way around it. I hope to get out of my exam and be happy. Make it so. I'll leave you all to your own, feel free to talk amongst yourself in the comments. Go Deacs!

1 comments

  • Buchholz Surfer  
    12/14/07, 9:54 PM

    Marcus Tracy with 2 goals! Wake wins and advances to the finals, 2-0.

    One game away!

    In the second game, Ohio State leads The University of Mass 1-0 with 15 minutes left.

Post a Comment