And Then There Were Two...  

I'm in the middle of the worst possible way to end a semester (possible all-nighter before 2 exams on the very last night) and it was time to do something to cheer myself up. Tonight, nothing could do that more than writing about a beautiful victory against Virginia Tech in the semis of the Mens Soccer College Cup.

Unfortunately I only got to see the first half tonight, and although we looked good VT had shown themselves well and I wasn't overly confident as I headed to my accounting exam. But halfway through the exam when the proctor walked up to the white board and wrote Wake 2-0 I was about as pumped as I could possibly be.

Coming back to my room and seeing Marcus Tracy's 2 beautiful goals made my night, and I am more than excited for the championship game on Sunday afternoon (if not a bit peeved that I'll be watching it from my house in Texas rather than from the SAS press box). Getting back I saw most of the 2nd half of the Ohio State/UMass game, including the OSU goal. They executed well on a poorly defended posession and played solid defense to close it out. Wake is sure to have their hands full come Sunday afternoon.

It is certainly unfortunate that I don't have a way to see the 2nd half, but from what I've heard it was a thing of beauty. Now I can only hope to see something even better on Sunday. I'm ready for my first National Championship since becoming a Wake Forest student. Get the job done, boys!

Go Deacs!

0 comments

Post a Comment