USF Scouting Report  

Tonight the Deacons will face USF at home in the Joel after beating Bucknell 72-56 on Sunday afternoon. Like most of you I was much more concerned with our National Champions on Sunday and only caught some of the second half on ACC Select (although I should probably go back and watch the whole thing) so to be honest I don’t have much to say about that game. As far as tonight’s game goes, I won’t be seeing it live because I’m going to the Rockets/Magic game, but I'm hoping to watch the game late night or tomorrow morning and have my thoughts available shortly thereafter.

It can't hurt to take a look at some statistics, and here's what I've found:
USF averages 75.4 PPG and 1.1 PPP (per posession) while shooting 46% from the field and 41.1% for three. Like most good teams they make 66.7% of their freethrows. They turn the ball over a fair amount but also have decent assist and steal numbers. Considering that the Deacs are only scoring 69.1 PPG and average 1.0 PPP, not to mention the well known atrocity of our shooting (40% and 29%) there is probably some reason to be concerned.

And as you can see, they’re on a pretty impressive 7 game win streak:

College Basketball Stats by StatSheet.com



All of that doesn’t mean a heck of a lot having not seen the team play, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we find our hands pretty full tonight.

Once again, having not seen the team play since the exams break there’s not a lot I can say. By the sound of thing we may have played a bit better against Bucknell on Sunday, but tonight’s match-up looks like it might be able to tell us quite a lot about the current state of the team. Hopefully it will tell us positive things. Let’s go get a “W.”

1 comments

  • DeacNut  
    12/19/07, 11:43 PM

    Wake Forest 74 USF 61

    The Demon Deacons might be starting to show a little life!

    Just a quick comment to say good job with this blog. I'm a Wake alumnus and fan living in San Diego and generally only get to see the national telecasts. For that reason your live reports and "fan reaction" posts are especially interesting. Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment