What do the Experts Know?  

Last weekend I said I was going to take a look at the expert picks for the MCCB and talk a bit about those. Although it took me a bit longer than expected to get around to it, here it is nonetheless.

Let's start at ESPN:
Bruce Feldman of ESPN the Magazine is predicting (insider only) that Wake will win 13-7, saying "Two of the worst offensive teams in bowl play probably won't produce many fireworks. Neither team makes many mistakes. I'll go with Wake having more experience in bowl games from last season as the difference." - I don't think these offenses are quite as bad as he makes them out to be, although I agree that bowl experience does give us an edge (plus, hopefully, a good crowd). I think his margin of victory may be close to correct, but I expect an overall higher score.

Colin Cowherd has just given us a score, Wake 30 UConn 27. I can't argue too much with that prediction. I really think the Deacs are capable of a bigger win than this, but I can see why "experts" are predicting a reasonably close game.

I was very surprised to see that 62.2% ESPN's Sports Nation had picked UConn. I guess they're just going off the fact that UConn is ranked (not a bad criteria if you don't know much about the teams I suppose, but still)

At CBS Sportsline all I could find was a list of picks by their experts. Since I don't really even know who they all are, I'll just give them like this: 2 of their experts picked UConn, 2 picked Wake, and their computer thing picked Wake. Wish they had given us more than that, but what can you do? Some more info is available on their MCCB page.

I can't really find any picks on Fox Sports' site, and don't know where else to look right now, so that's all I've got. It looks like we're coming out pretty well in these, so hopefully that will be a good thing. If you find other picks go ahead and post them in the comments.

5 Good Questions coming for the last time very very soon!

0 comments

Post a Comment