Unfortunate Update  

I have an unfortunate update this morning, but thankfully it's nothing about the team. For whatever reason I have been unable to get in touch with Chip Malafonte of the UConn blog Runway Ramblings. He was the blogger I was having answer my 5 questions this week, but he hasn't gotten back to me in the last 24 hours with answers to the questions I sent him. I'm still hopeful that he will come through later today, but at the same time I understand that he's a legitimate professional journalist for a Connecticut newspaper and may have more pressing things going on in his life now that he's down in Charlotte.

Unfortunately that leaves me without a lot to say at this moment. Certainly I'm getting excited for the game, and nothing has given me reason to doubt the confidence I've felt since being selected for this bowl. Of course it's always difficult to project how your team is going to come out over a month after playing its last game, but I've got a lot of faith in these guys. Plus, at this point I've only picked 1 bowl wrong and it was the first one. Hopefully that trend continues tomorrow.

I did see one very interesting note this morning from the betting website Covers.com. The writer said that considering our last game against UConn, UConn's most recent performance against West Virginia, the fact that this is basically a home game for Wake, and that the ACC always does well in the MCCB, he's amazed that the line for this game has moved from Wake -3 to Wake -1.5. For whatever reason, people just aren't betting on the Deacs. Perhaps this is the time for non-gamblers to jump on this train (or maybe not, but it's still an interesting read).

If any big news comes out of Charlotte today I'll do my best to update, but I'll be spending much of my afternoon/evening at the Houston vs. TCU Texas Bowl, so no promises. Of course if I hear from Chip I'll be sure to get his answers up. If I happen to miss something during the day, please post it in the comments so that others can find out about it (even if I don't). Hopefully those of you going to Charlotte have safe travels and I wish you all the best. Have fun with all your Deacon buddies tonight, but make sure you get some sleep - we need you all at full strength tomorrow!

Go Deacs!

0 comments

Post a Comment