My NC State Prediction  

So much has been going on this week that my football coverage has been noticeably more limited than it is most weeks. There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is the considerable damper that’s been put on the football season these last two weeks. Basketball and recruiting excitement are definitely culprits as well, and an accounting exam didn’t give me as much time to focus on the blog in general.

Chances are that most of you won’t read this until after the game, if at all, but I figured I owed it to the blog to at least say something prior to this very important game.

As a fan I’m struggling to maintain optimism and excitement right now. I’m sure many of you can relate to that, and the reasons for it are obvious and understandable. Thankfully I don’t think the players struggle with the same type of problems. I can’t speak definitively for our players, but when I played in high school I know that it didn’t matter what we’d been doing recently, when it came time to put on the pads and go hit someone I was pumped up. I’m confident our players feel that way, too, and because it’s senior day you know they’ll be pumped up.

At this point I’m not sure what’s left to say about our team. We’re clearly struggling in plenty of areas right now, but that doesn’t mean the talent on the team all of a sudden disappeared. There is every reason for the Deacs to come out and once again play good football to get a very important win.

I may be struggling to maintain my optimism, but I haven’t actually lost it. Here’s what I see happening tomorrow: Josh Adams will have another big game along the lines of the Florida State game, including at least one run over 35 yards. Riley won’t throw any interceptions and Kenny Moore will have another 12+ reception game. I also think we’ll see Jordan Williams make a couple of plays that really get the crowd excited.

I can’t imagine our secondary will continue to flounder the way it has the last two weeks. The last two weeks have looked comparable to the first two weeks of the season and right after those two losses the secondary really got it together and played great defense. It’s going to happen again.

I know NC State is on a roll and has shown a lot of great things on their current run. Their time is over though. The Deacs aren’t going to sit around and let them dominate the game. I think we come out and play our best game of the season.

Deacs 31, Pack 10

Don’t make me eat crow tomorrow, boys.

0 comments

Post a Comment