Wake at Iowa: Final 56-47  

Overall a solid performance from the Deacs tonight at Iowa. Getting a win like this early in the season should do great things for our confidence, and I look forward to seeing this win streak continue. I realize that Iowa is clearly not that good, but nonetheless it’s a major conference opponent that certainly has potential. At this point in the season it’s a great win for us.

Can’t say it enough, but Chas was great tonight. I would love to see this kind of performance from him on a regular basis, but I’m not overly confident in that at this point. If he can keep this up Thursday at Charlotte and Saturday at home I will feel much better about our team as a whole later in the season. He’s providing a post presence that so far has been sorely missed. I see now what Dino was talking about after the WSS game.

Another thing I love about this game is that we played well even without anyone really taking over. 15 points (I think) from Chas, but otherwise I don’t feel like anyone really took over for us. We rebounded well, passed well, controlled the ball and got the job done. If we can play like this on a regular basis this could end up being a great season for the Deacs.

The run we allowed at the end of the game is a little bit frustrating because we definitely need to be able to close out games, particularly ones that are a little bit closer than this one, but other than that I have almost no complaints.

Teauge - the game wasn't over yet. Walking still isn't allowed.



0 comments

Post a Comment