Wake vs. Fairfield: 2nd Half Live Thoughts  

Looking back at what I've said here, I feel like I got overly negative towards the end here. We really weren't playing that poorly, but after some of the really good play I saw in this game I just don't like seeing us letting up. Another solid half for the Deacs, and overall a great game.

0:29
- Jeff Teauge's ankle just gave out on him. Not what we needed.

2:24:
JJ's got the double double 17 and 10. First of many.

All the foul calls seem to be going their way, and we've started turning the ball over more. Got to be careful with this stuff. I don't like us getting too relaxed just because we're up by more than 20 (barely).

81-60

4:15:
Our intensity has definitely been lacking a little bit, but we keep putting up points and doing enough to expand the lead a bit. Just got to keep playing with intensity.

I can see why Cam Stanley doesn’t get to play that often. He’s a decent athlete, but mentally I’m not sure its all there. He just missed a great pass from JJ.

81-56.


12:06
: Looks like we’re getting a bit lazy again. We’re settling for less than quality shots and continuing to let them put up three’s (they’re hitting over 70% of them). Intensity level needs to stay up. 60-44.

15:56
: Good start to the 2nd half. Gave up a few points, but scored a bunch in the first 4 minutes. Chas has looked much better, scoring 5 already. Ish’s shot looks much improved over last season. Just gotta keep the effort up. 57-31.

By the way, looks like about a third of the students left at the half. Not sure what else they have to do with their time on a Friday night, but I guess its never to early to start partying, right?

0 comments

Post a Comment