Thursday Update  

Yesterday was a pretty good day for Wake athletics, as the basketball Lady Deacs won their Big 10/ACC Challenge game at Northwestern pretty handily, 60-45. As I wrote extensively about last night, men’s soccer beat Furman 1-0 in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

I’ve been quite impressed by the women so far, and am now thinking I may need to start heading over to some of those game. Does that make me a bit of a fair weather women’s basketball fan? Maybe, but I think I’m okay with that. If they keep winning like this we may be ranked here in the next couple of weeks.

Men’s basketball travels to Charlotte tonight to play UNC-C at Bobcats Arena. I’ve thought about driving down for it, but with school doing a pretty good job swamping me already this week, I think I’ll watch from my couch.

I also missed this yesterday, but Steve Justice was named a finalist for the Rimington Trophy. Congrats to him.

Site Update: You know how I regularly ask you to leave your thoughts or questions in the comment section? Well I found out that I’m the big idiot who made it impossible for you to do so. I don’t know if any of you have tried and been unable to, but I believe I have fixed it now so that as long as you have a google account you can leave a comment. That may still be a hassle for some, but if I leave them totally open I’m positive I’ll end up with a lot of comment spam which is annoying to everyone. So comment away, but if you have a problem email me and let me know.

0 comments

Post a Comment