Wake at Charlotte - Game Thread  


Final - Wake loses 59-63. I need to cool off before I write a post game report. Just awful. Absolutely terrible.

1:00 - OH MY GOODNESS. We are awful, and we get a great steal from JJ and a clutch shot from JJ. One minute left down by 3. I can't believe how awful this is. We MUST get this done!

3:49 - Still down 1 50-51. I can't stand to see Ish shoot the ball one more time, it's getting ridiculous. We've made a couple, but its time for the defense to buckle down and for someone to really get it going on offense. This is where we need LD or JJ to really step up.

6:00 - I haven't been this frustrated since 2 hours ago when TW wouldn't put the game on. At least JJ just made a good move. Slam it home though.

8:08 - We don't deserve to win this game. Turnovers like that are hard to forgive. Deacs now down 49-42.

9:36 - Bad call on that charge in my opinion. One good shot from Harvey, but that last one was bad. Deacs are now down 5 again, 45-40. Chas back in the game, we need something from him. I'm really tired of Time Warner showing us replays instead of the live coverage.

11:32 - LD has picked up his 4th foul, but at least someone gave us something good to cheer about with Skeen's three. Gary Clark just came in, we need him to start lighting it up.

12:32 - Good timeout from Gaudio, we really need it. All of a sudden we're down 5 and we don't look like we can score any points at all, and the defense has all of a sudden gotten much worse. Deacs are down 34-39.

13:47 - By far the worst offensive performance I've seen in my two years here at school. This is miserable, and the defense isn't doing much better. I'm currently disgusted. That was a terrible defensive effort on that drive to the basket. Please don't ruin my night, Deacs.

15:57 - Technical foul for Chas, and a very very physical game continues. He did follow up the T with a very good looking block, though. I don't feel like the refs really have control of this game, but we don't seem to be doing a good job keeping our cool. Something has to change quickly.

16:53 - The Deacs sloppiness has continued to start the second half. Terrible shot selection, turnovers, and stupid frustration fouls aren’t giving me a good feel about this right now. We need to get it together in a hurry.

Halftime - Offense has been absolutely awful in the first half, so it's a good thing we really do seem to have learned how to play good defense or else we could definitely lose tonight.

With the TV fiasco Time Warner put us through, I don’t really feel like I was able to get in to the first half and get a good feel for the game. All I know is I was less than impressed. Hopefully a better 2nd half will follow.

Any thoughts?



Well just as I actually get that post done, the game comes on. We may be over half way through the game already, but something is better than nothing, and although I'm still very angry at Time Warner, I'm not going to get mad about it right now. The Deacs are up by 6 with 7 and a half left, let's get the job done. Now that I've (hopefully) got comments working, feel free to leave them here.

0 comments

Post a Comment