Cleaning House on a Snow Day  

Happy snow day to Deacon Nation!

As I begin to enjoy what has become a five-day weekend (no classes on Fridays this semester, Monday is a holiday) I have decided that since very little is going on in Wake sports news today (Dean Hood being considered for head coach at FCS Eastern Kentuky would be the exception) this would be a good opportunity to let you all know about a few things going on here on the Old Gold & Blog.

A couple of weeks ago a couple of buttons showed up at the bottom of my posts that say "Bark it Up" and "Hype it Up." These two buttons lead to a couple of different websites, YardBarker and Ball Hype, that allow readers to vote on the best sports news on the internet.

When you click on the button it allows you to vote for that post. The more votes a post gets the higher it will appear in the list of popular news on those websites. I recommend both of these services because they really are a great way to keep up with good/important/interesting sports news from all over the nation without having to do too much leg work. I use them both on a daily basis.

So, if you like something you read here then "Bark it Up" or "Hype it Up." You'll be glad you did. And so will I.

Also, as I'm sure all of you have recognized, there are a few different ads running on the blog. I hope that having a bit of advertising around here doesn't bother anyone, but I'm sure you're all used to it since advertising is basically what makes the internet work these days. I'm certainly not making a whole lot from them, but it is enough to pay the bills as far as the domain is concerned and just putting a little money in my pocket increases my motivation to keep working hard at it.

I started running some Google AdSense back in December, and as of right now it's being used only at the bottom of each post and in the sponsored search results if you use the search in the top right corner. I would definitely never ask you to click on any of those things if you weren't actually interested in where the link might lead, but if you do find one interesting and click on it it a few pennies end up in my pocket, which is always nice.

I also have a couple of new advertising deals with online ticket brokers, including the Coast to Coast tickets you see on the left as well as a deal with another ticket company to occasionally link to their tickets in my posts. If you see that soon you'll know what it is.

As I said before, I will never ask any of you to click on these things just for the heck of it, but if you're looking for tickets to a Wake sporting event or really any other event then these are definitely good places to look.

I hope you all have a great Thursday. Tomorrow I'll be doing a preview of Florida State, and hopefully an interview will be up by Saturday as well.

0 comments

Post a Comment