Thursday Morning Happenings  

No new injury news since last night, so I'm going to catch up on something that slipped off my plate last week: Soccer News!!!

Many of you probably already know, but last week Wake Forest soccer coach Jay Vidovich was named the NSCAA coach of the year at the same time three of Wake's best soccer players from this year's graduating class were drafted in the MLS draft.

Defender Pat Phelan went 10th to Toronto FC, while GK Brian Edwards and Defender Jules Valentin went back-to-back in the 28th and 29th picks to to Toronto FC and the Los Angeles Galaxy, respectively.

I'll be honest and say I haven't paid too much attention to previous MLS drafts and which Wake players have been taken, but I imagine this has been one of the best years the school has had in the draft. With the talent the team currently has I imagine it will only continue.

Also, coach Vidovich deserves lots of credit for the incredible work he's done here at Wake and was more than deserving of these Coach of the Year honors. Well done, gentlemen.

0 comments

Post a Comment