Happy New Year!  


Welcome to 2008, Deacon fans!

2007 was a pretty incredible year for Wake Forest athletics - The football team finished the 2006 season with an appearance in the Orange Bowl, the Baseball Team, Field Hockey Team, and Women's Soccer Teams all went to the NCAA tournament, the Men's Soccer Team won the National Championship, and the Football team capped the 2007 campaign with a victory over UConn in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Even with all that excitement in 2007 I'm even more excited about Deacon athletics in 2008. Both the Men's and Women's basketball teams are in the middle of another good season (particularly the ladies, although the men are showing flashes of brilliance), spring sports are looking to start strong, and next fall already looks promising for several teams. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, and I look forward to blogging it all here at OldGoldandBlog.com

As you may have noticed by now, the Old Gold & Blog has a new home! Several weeks ago I had you all vote on a domain name for the blog and almost two thirds of voters selected OldGoldandBlog.com. Starting today on January 1st the official home of the Old Gold & Blog is OldGoldandBlog.com, and I look forward to the year it's going to have. As you can see I have done a bit of a redesign to the blog which will hopefully make it both more aesthetically pleasing and easier to use. If you encounter any problems or issues please let me know so that I can fix them as soon as possible. I've made the RSS feeds more accessible (as you can see to the left) which will hopefully make it easier for you to find the Wake news and thoughts you're looking for.

I look forward to seeing you frequent the Old Gold & Blog throughout 2008 and I promise to be here sharing news and thoughts all year long.

Happy new year and Go Deacs!

0 comments

Post a Comment