Odds and Ends: Basketball, Baseball, Coaches, James Wilson  

As you may or may not know, today is the last day of classes here at Wake before Spring Break. That is exciting, but the mid-terms that have just been finished were not. Because of that my posting this week has been a bit sporadic and I apologize.

So, to get all caught up, the basketball team has officially decided to start sucking and is trying to hold on to the NIT (which I'm not overly worried about losing), while the baseball team has continued to take things in the right direction (beating UNC-G 13-6 on Wednesday).

In football, the coaching staff is set for the spring, and all-everything offensive lineman James Wilson, who is currently on Florida's roster, has made a transfer request and wants to come to Wake. Definitely Awesome.

I'm headed out of Winston today and am currently unsure of my ability to see the game against NC State tomorrow, but I'm going to do my best. I'm not sure yet who's going to be writing about it - could be me, Steve Edwards, or Evan Lepler, but you'll definitely be covered by someone.

It would be nice to finish the regular season on a little bit of a high note but I can't say I'm too optimistic. Before the VT game I said that we'd have to see what kind of team showed up, and it looked like the wrong one showed. I'm not confident the Deacs will do anything differently tomorrow.

Nonetheless, I'd love to see the home schedule end on a win and maybe even take a small amount of momentum into the ACC Tournament. The Tournament is next weekend and I was pretty optimistic about it a couple of weeks ago (after Duke getting ACC Tournament tickets sounded like a wonderful idea) but things have changed a bit now. The tournament is obviously always fun, but it won't be quite the same now that we stink. You never know though, maybe once they have something to play for in the Tournament they'll pick things back up and make a run. It isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Needless to say, I'll be providing full coverage on Wake's participation in the Tournament as well as my general thoughts on how the Tournament goes.

0 comments

Post a Comment