Defending My Honor  

So after a true formal Q&A failed, Jerry Scott over at Tomahawk Nation went ahead and asked one basic question: " Is this the same Wake Forest Squad that hammered our asses at home (30-0) last season?" You can check out my full response over there.

Now Jerry thought it would be nice to give me hard time for my prediction that we'd lose 20-24, so I'm going to take this opportunity to defend myself. Let me be very clear. . .Wake CAN win this game tonight, we absolutely can. We are talented enough to play these guys very well and leave Groves with a win. I will be at there cheering like crazy with a completely reasonable hope of winning. Nonetheless, as my reply to Jerry said, I have yet to see Wake put everything together this season and play to their potential for more than 17 minutes plus overtime against Maryland. I don't think that will cut it tonight.

I didn't think it was fair to make a score prediction based solely on a hope that we live up to potential tonight. If we play like we've played all year-playing well for a couple of minutes here and there, then quickly unraveling-20-24 is what I think will happen.

After last year's schalacking, the FSU guys are looking for anything to latch on to that proves to them we can't do it again this year. Well, we can. Will we? Probably not, but we're capable.

All that being said, I enjoyed the friendly banter with Jerry and wish he and Tomahawk Nation all the best.

0 comments

Post a Comment