Wake 24, FSU 21  

I wasn't confident that it would happen, and until Demir Boldin let the Noles light him up-and hold on to the ball-I didn't relax, but somehow the Deacs managed to pull it off.

At this point it still feels like a bit of a blur; all I know is that I enjoyed an incredible night of football and that the Deacons proved their legitimacy. I know it wasn't the prettiest victory ever, but when it counted everyone came through. I was incredibly proud of the Defense, who looked AMAZING except for the drive after the fumble when Phonz got burned twice. The offense, while not incredible, did enough to get the job done. It was awesome to come through with multiple big plays for the first time in awhile.

I'm sure I'll have more to say, but for now it's time to bask. What a great night! Great football, great weather, the Quad looks great, and the Deacs are 4-2 with a win over Florida State. It's a great night to be a Deacon.

0 comments

Post a Comment