Pregame  

Before I let it go as an oversight any longer, along with the excellent Birddog blog, there is one other Navy blog that everyone should take a look at, Pitch Right. Currently posted over there are an analysis of Wake's team so far this year as well as Navy's keys to the game. Both should be read by all.

I have also been negligent in getting links to the WSJ's articles up this week, including a story about Jeremy Thompson as a non-redshirt senior, and another about Steve Justice as a quite leader.

Looking ahead to tomorrow, several things worth mentioning. First off, Wake is getting little respect in the betting community, as Larry Cook at procappers is offering his free pick this week of Navy of Wake. Some advice: ignore Larry Cook.

That pretty much covers the significant news items these last couple days. The Deacs travel up to Annapolis today in preparation for the game tomorrow. For anyone who hasn't heard, the game is on CSTV at 1:00, however if you don't have access to a TV, or don't have access to CSTV, they are streaming the game for free with their XXL video service online at CSTV.com. All you have to do is click on live games and then XXL in the bar at the top. Unfortunately you must be using Internet Explorer for this to work, but such is life. As I'm out of town for fall break, I'm banking on this option to see the game, and I'm sure many of you will find it beneficial as well.

Finally, I'll give a little mini-preview of what I expect to see tomorrow. I'll be honest when I say I don't know a lot about Navy's football season. Most of what I know comes from what Mike James told me earlier this week, what I've read on their forums and blogs, and the very little bit I saw of their game against Pitt.

I've generally been surprised at how scared most Navy fans seem to be about this game. They all seem terrified of our offense, particularly when it comes to throwing the ball, and not particularly confident against our defense either. While I agree that we are fast and strong in these two areas, I do not have great confidence in our ability in those areas, mostly because our offense still loves to be inconsistent, and our defense has yet to face an option attack like we will see tomorrow.

I do expect that the high the Deacs are on after last week's victory over FSU will manifest itself not in overconfidence, but in good, mistake free football. I think a win like that makes our team confident in its abilities the rest of the way, but not so much so that they would overlook any of our remaining opponents. That being said I look forward to seeing the Deacs come out tomorrow and put on a solid, relatively mistake free performance. With a solid option offense like Navy has, they're going to put some points on the board, but I expect the Deacs to play great on the offensive side as well, and in the end overpower Navy's attack. My prediction: Wake 42, Navy 31.

0 comments

Post a Comment