A dull Wednesday...  

I'm not sure how I failed to specifically mention it yesterday, but amidst all the news about how Prosser's death has affected teams, players, and coaches throughout the nation and specifically in the ACC, i didn't mention that the conference is naming an award after Skip. The Skip Prosser award was announced this weekend by ACC commissioner John Swofford and will be presented anually to the top student-athlete in the conference (much like the Jim Tatum award in football).

The press release announcing the award is on the official Wake sports site.

Also over there is the ACC preseason poll (we're picked 11th) and other preseason honors. At this point I can't decide how I feel about that ranking. I think there are definitely many unknowns about our team this season, including the constant struggle of getting past the unfortunate loss of Skip. Although it's a long shot, there's part of me that believes we could play well enough to finish in the top half of the conference, but something like 8th or 9th is probably more realistic. I don't have a good basis for this prediction, and probably won't know until we've seen several games.

Wake football players earned several awards this weekend: Josh Adams earned his 3rd ACC rookie of the week award, and Sam Swank was a Lou Groza award "Star of the Week."

One more note (a reprint from yesterday)...I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in attending and writing a little bit about the Black and Gold game saturday afternoon since I won't be able to attend. Let me know if that's you.

0 comments

Post a Comment