We want to beat UNC...suprised?  

Not a whole lot in the news today, mostly just a couple of WSJ articles about the importance of this game to many of our players, etc. and also a mention of Christopher Givens committing, which I mentioned yesterday. The AP also had an article about Josh Adams here.

Also yesterday was the weekly Tuesday press conference. I've thought about commenting on this before, but I don't really feel like there's a whole lot to stay about it. Grobe is a master at saying pretty much nothing, complimenting the efforts of our guys, and the athletes of the team we'll face that week. Nonetheless, a couple of comments...

Coach made a very astute comment about the race to win the division..."I'd have to say that if we win out, we'd be pretty happy. I don't think there's a team right now in the ACC that's realistically got their sights on Jacksonville. It might be in the back of everyone's mind, but you have to focus on the present." I think this is a great way to look at the conferene race. Winning out would be great, and puts us in great position. Even Boston College needs to be very careful and not start looking ahead (which I can't imagine they are looking at their remaining schedule). I just think coach has a great perspective here.

Riley made an interesting comment on rivalries..."Listening to the coaches, we take Carolina as a little more of a rivalry than some of the others. I think, lately, we've had maybe a little more of a rivalry with Clemson because so many of our games have been so close. We've just gone back and forth every year." This is something I haven't really thought about before, but may be true. While it probably won't ever be a rivalry that the fans see as a huge rivalry, I can see how it might be true for the players. Intriguing...

So that's about all I've got this morning. Thanks for all the responses with interest in the posters. I'll check on getting some more.

0 comments

Post a Comment