Weekend Wrapup  

Welcome to another Monday morning, thankfully following another Deacon win. The 44-24 victory over Navy has been well covered (be sure to check out the live blog I did every quarter (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) and my final analysis as well.

I know many were hoping to see us ranked this week, but as it stands now we're still just others "receiving votes" in the polls. Looks like we're ranking anywhere from about 28 to the mid-30s.


As promised, a basketball update:
With the ACC's preseason media day happening this weekend, all sorts of news outlets are talking about Skip. While it would be nice if they had more positives to say about the actual team we plan to put on the court, I suppose any news is better than no news. So, here's the rundown of worthwhile articles:

AP (via MSNBC)
Rivals.com
WRAL (Raleigh/Durham)
Winston-Salem Journal

And finally, a couple football notes from the news...Kenny Moore is really good...Jordan Williams is going to keep playing.

Help Wanted
One more note...Saturday at 4:30 (after the UNC football game) the basketball team will play its Gold and Black game in the Joel. Although I have yet to hear confirmation that these are the correct time and place, I'm guessing they are correct. I will be at the football game, but unfortunately will have to split town shortly thereafter. Therefore, I was hoping that perhaps there was a reader who would be attending the basketball scrimmage and might be interested in writing a little something about their impressions. If interested please contact me (there's a link to email me at the top of this sidebar on the right) and we'll see what we can work out.

0 comments

Post a Comment