Injury updates  

I received an email from a reader this afternoon asking the following: "Could do you a post about who's injured right now and how long they might be out?"

I've been doing my best to post injury updates in just about every practice report, however I'm sure it's been difficult to keep up with exactly who is hurt with what and when, since even I have had trouble keeping up at times. So, hopefully this will be a helpful summary of the current state.

Ted Stachitas - QB - Fr - Still recovering from shoulder surgery. Will definitely redshirt, not sure of a time frame for his return to practice.

Chip Brinkman - WR - SR (RS) - Hamstring injury, has been out for awhile but practiced this morning. We'll see if he's still out there this afternoon in full pads. Clearly he's close to a complete recovery

Cameron Ford - TE - FR (RS) - High ankle sprain, was expected to be out for awhile but also practiced this morning. I'm not sure if he's quite as far along as Brinkman, but we'll see if he practices this afternoon as well. If so, he's clearly further along than expected, as he was originally expected to be out at least another week.

Ryan Britt - C - FR (RS) - Hurt his leg in yesterday's scrimmage. I don't know a time frame yet.

Jordan Williams - WR - SO - Lingering groin injury, day-to-day but did not practice this morning.

Andrew Parker - TE - FR - hurt a couple of days ago and didn't participate in yesterday's scrimmage. Should be day-to-day.

Boomer Peterson - T - JR (RS) - Hurt his right arm, not sure about a time frame.

Scott Betros - LB - FR - Shoulder, probably out for season and will redshirt.

Kyle Jarett - LB - FR (RS) - Left practice with EMTs after experiencing diziness a couple days ago. He appears to be okay, but I'm not sure if he's practicing quite yet.

I'm pretty sure that's all I have right now, but if I realize I forgot someone I'll update. I'll also try to have a weekly injury report going forward so everyone can keep track. Hope that helps!

0 comments

Post a Comment