Wake up call: 2008-2009 Basketball schedule released  

Yesterday afternoon the conference released the 2008-2009 ACC basketball schedules, meaning we can finally see the entire schedule, including dates and most times. It's great to be more prominently featured in the national spotlight this season, including nine ABC/ESPN networks games and four FSN games.

I don't think there's any real complaining to do about the schedule. The home game against UNC falls the day after students return to campus for the spring semester (January 11). There's only one really difficult turnaround, when Wake plays at Boston College on Wednesday, January 14 and then at Clemson Saturday, January 17. We can all hope no one is at the Joel for the game on Saturday, December 6 against Bucknell. I'd much rather us all be in Tampa for the ACC Championship game that day.

Assuming ACC Select picks up the games that don't have TV coverage I think Wake fans will be able to see all the Demon Deacons they can handle. I'm sure we'll analyze this schedule more as the season approaches, but we'll leave it at that for now.

Elsewhere in the news, Dan Collins previews the Baylor game. Mine will be up later today.

Did this story really get published? I'm sorry, but the fact that someone in Corpus Christi thought that would pass for a legitimate story is rediculous. I realize it's Associate Press copy, but as you can see from SportingNews, there's a lot more to the story that was cut out.

Yesterday I received an email from Brian, a reader, pointing me towards some 2008 bowl projections by WhatIfSports. The projections have Wake playing Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, and Clemson playing in the Orange bowl. The only way this scenario could possibly play out would be for Clemson to go undefeated and Wake to only lose to Clemson. Even so, I have trouble imaginining an undefeated Clemson not being good enough to play for the national championship. Lots of interesting factors here, I had fun spending a few minutes analyzing the thing.

Brian sets a good example...if you ever see something around the interent you think belongs here on Old Gold & Blog send me an email and let me know.

0 comments

Post a Comment