Wake up call: Deadspun  

I don't know how many of you are regular Deadspin readers, but I'd be willing to guess it's less than half of you. I don't know if I'm a true regular or not, but I do at least scan post titles there on a daily basis, so I'm pretty close. Either way, they're working through the top 25 right now posting previews by readers, commenters, bloggers, or whomever else volunteered to write for them. It wasn't me in this case, but the person who wrote about Wake did a pretty amusing job, even if it isn't entirely "safe for work." Check it out.

ESPN worked hard to cover the Deacs yesterday. Its work included this Mark Schlabach's column which basically predicted a Wake/Carolina ACC Championship game, and HD with another preview, this time about Grobe's system.

Someone doesn't know a lot about college football...he's surprised Wake is a 13 point favorite over Baylor, apparently because "The Big 12 is generally considered a strong (sic) football conference than the ACC." Sure.

No surprise...the men's soccer team is ranked #1 in the nation in preseason polls. John Dell of the Journal wrote a nice preview of the team here. I'm hoping to ramp-up my soccer coverage here pretty soon. I'm plan to attend most home games this season, particularly conference games and those that don't conflict with football games. I know we've got some soccer fans out there and I'm going to do my best to cover them for you. They are number one and the defending national champs, after all.

1 comments

  • Anonymous  
    8/13/08, 2:29 PM

    saw somewhere (ESPN maybe?) where over the past 10 or 12 years the ACC was ranked third behind the SEC and the Pac-10. I don't remember everything but the ACC sure as hell wasn't behind the Big 12.

Post a Comment