Help me help you  

Towards the end of last week several readers left comments on posts, and I even received a couple of emails, all of which said something to the effect of "Remember the other sports!"

First, I apologize for not providing better coverage of the soccer teams, field hockey, etc. I know there are Wake fans who would love to be kept up to date on these teams, and I wish I did a better job helping fill that need. In fact, going into this fall season one of my goals was to provide regular coverage of at least men's soccer, along with the football and basketball coverage.

Unfortunately, I was biting off more than I could chew. With a 16 hour class schedule along with other commitments, there just aren't enough hours in my day to cover everything to the extent it deserves to be covered, and ultimately football and basketball have to take priority over everyone else.

All of that to say, it's time to ask for help. I try to do all I can running this as a one man show, but there are clearly limitations. In order to provide better coverage I'm reaching out to you. Are you interested in helping Old Gold & Blog provide more comprehensive coverage of Wake Forest athletics? If so, send me an email (oldgoldblog@gmail.com) and let me know how you'd be interested in helping.

Hopefully this will be successful and the future of Old Gold & Blog will be even brighter than the present.

1 comments

  • Anonymous  
    9/30/08, 2:50 PM

    Zach, I have said it before and I will say it again. You do a great job here on a limited (!) budget. Keep doing whatever you want to cover because at the end of the day this is for your enjoyment and we should all be thankful for you sharing with us. Based on your general comments I can tell you will be an alum who tunes into Fox Sports Whatever in 2018 to watch an ACC field hockey finals match....you just care about the Deacs.

Post a Comment