Wake up call: A call for help  

I saw the TV coverage maps for Saturday's game for the first time last night, and Deacons in the middle of the country are in an unfortunate position. Most of Big 12 country (and a few other states) is going to get Cincinnati @ Oklahoma on ABC, and unfortunately Oregon State @ Penn State on ESPN2. This means your only option for seeing the Wake game is to find a friend or sports bar with the GamePlan package.

I feel sorry for those who won't get the game, and I want to provide some help for those who just may not have any other option, and another outlet for those of you who may be watching the game at home and have access to their computer at the same time. I'm going to be at the game, but I'm looking for someone who will have the game on TV to run a live blog here at Old Gold & Blog. It really isn't hard - all you have to do is provide some commentary and play by play, and monitor comments from other readers. If you'd be interested in doing this send me an email and let me know.

As for the news, Deacon Tower's first game this weekend is prompting some more coverage, and Dan Collins profiles running back C.J. Washington. From Edward Robinson in Raleigh, the receivers are off to a good start and having fun. The week 1 blogpoll came out yesterday and full results are here. Wake comes in at #20, and I'm still in the running for the Coulter/Krugman award. Still, I didn't come anywhere close to the Boston College guys - I may regret having picked them to beat Georgia Tech this week, as the CK award curse continued last week for Michigan State (read the post if you don't have any clue what I'm talking about - it's fairly interesting).

5 Good Questions coming later this morning, enjoy!

0 comments

Post a Comment