Preliminary week 1 Blogpoll  

Time to get to work on my Blogpoll ballot for week one, so take a look and let me know what you think. I'm trying to convert to a résumé system of balloting as soon as possible, meaning that anyone who lost in week one is not going to be in my ballot. After that I looked at quality of win and still to a large extent my perception of what these teams are capable of. Obviously much more subjective, but still all we have to go on.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think:

RankTeamDelta
1 Oklahoma --
2 Southern Cal --
3 Georgia --
4 Florida 1
5 Ohio State 2
6 Missouri 2
7 LSU 1
8 Auburn 1
9 Texas 1
10 Alabama 15
11 Wisconsin --
12 Oregon --
13 West Virginia --
14 Wake Forest 1
15 Texas Tech 1
16 Brigham Young --
17 Arizona State --
18 Kansas 1
19 Tennessee 1
20 South Florida 1
21 Utah 2
22 Florida State --
23 South Carolina 3
24 California 2
25 East Carolina 1

Dropped Out: Clemson (#6), Virginia Tech (#18), Illinois (#24).

4 comments

  • Anonymous  
    9/1/08, 3:03 PM

    Kyle here. OU's not that good. Get over yourself ;-)

    They're a top ten, probably top 5, but I think USC and Georgia can take them for sure.

  • Anonymous  
    9/1/08, 4:19 PM

    Way to go on ACC Nation, Zach. You're everywhere, my man!

  • Anonymous  
    9/1/08, 7:00 PM

    I think this is a pretty good poll. After watching a little of USC on saturday, I would probably put them #1, but that will all play itself out eventually. USC = loaded (however, maybe Virginia really is that bad). I, of course, watched Utah beat Michigan. Utah is a good team, but they had way too many penalties and dumb mistakes, plus UM held them to 6 yards in the 2nd half. As for UM, well, I'll just say we are under construction until 2010. I'm just hoping that we will continue our string of 33 straight bowl games. As for Wake, I was actually quite impressed by last thursday's performance. The running game will definitely need to improve, but the passing game was much better than I expected. The defense is just rock solid. If the O puts up, say 20-25 points a game, that should be enough IMO for Wake to win most games. Still, I think 14 is a good spot for them based on how they looked on thursday. Look forward to a fun game on saturday. Let's just hope the rain stays away (from hurricane Hanna).

  • Zach Smith  
    9/1/08, 9:19 PM

    Kyle, they are that good, get over yourself.

    Thank you halfbreed, I always enjoy joining them on the show.

    UmatWake - Good, thorough analysis. I generally agree with you, thanks for the input.

    The weather may be interesting this weekend!

Post a Comment