Week 4 BlogPoll ballot  

After being an idiot and totally forgetting to submit a ballot last week, I'm hoping to come back strong. I took what I think is a pretty serious, if somewhat cursory, resume approach to this ballot, as every single team on the ballot is undefeated at this point. At the same time, things like having USC ranked #2 indicate that it's not entirely resume, although the impressive win over Ohio State may actually be justification enough on its own.

I think that's enough of an introduction, so let's get to it:

RankTeamDelta
1 Oklahoma 25
2 Southern Cal 24
3 Georgia 23
4 LSU 22
5 Florida 21
6 Missouri 20
7 Texas 19
8 Alabama 18
9 Brigham Young 17
10 Wisconsin 16
11 Wake Forest 15
12 South Florida 14
13 Penn State 13
14 Minnesota 12
15 Boise State 11
16 Texas Tech 10
17 Nebraska 9
18 Vanderbilt 8
19 Utah 7
20 Colorado 6
21 TCU 5
22 Oklahoma State 4
23 Northwestern 3
24 Connecticut 2
25 East Carolina 1

Dropped Out:


What happens when you forget to submit a ballot one week? You blow up the whole "change from last week" thing, and the "dropped out." My bad. Anyway there it is. Leave a comment and let me know what you think

6 comments

  • Anonymous  
    9/22/08, 4:53 PM

    uh...i think you got the wrong USC there at number 2...

  • Zach Smith  
    9/22/08, 5:08 PM

    Heh. Excellent catch. Thanks.

  • Anonymous  
    9/22/08, 5:20 PM

    Kentucky comes in at #10. While I like the solid support for an undefeated SEC team, can't help but think you were going for Kansas. UK v. KU

  • Zach Smith  
    9/22/08, 5:37 PM

    I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I actually meant to include Kentucky originally, but way down at 25. Then I looked at it and realized that they really haven't beaten anyone or done it convincingly. Based on that, I replaced them with ECU, which for now still has more impressive victories than anyone else so far. Another good catch.

    The poll has been updated to reflect both the USC change and the replacement of Kentucky with ECU at 25.

  • Anonymous  
    9/22/08, 6:21 PM

    As a big ten follower, let me just say that Minnesota really is terrible. They may be 4-0, but they barely beat Northern Illinois and Montana State and have no good wins to their credit. They absolutely do not belong in the top 25.

  • Anonymous  
    9/22/08, 11:31 PM

    ECU lost to State, so they're not undefeated, have a bad loss, and their only wins are against unranked teams. Not that impressive

Post a Comment